My daughter said something to me the other day that I didn't quite understand until today. While at home recovering from surgery, I notice lots of things that need to be done around the house that I didn't get to do before my surgery and couldn't physically do because of the surgery. A house is never so dirty as when you are unable to clean it.
Anyway, as I was complaining to her about things not getting done, she said "It's hard being you, Ma." She said that I do so much around the house and for others, that they don't see all that I do. Then I realized what she meant today.
Some of the things I routinely do is plan meals, do the weekly shopping, cook the meals, and usually clean up. This is after working a full day and sometimes stopping at the grocery store on the way home. After dinner (or while dinner is cooking), I put together breakfasts (cereal and milk) and lunches (sandwiches or whatever is leftover from dinner). Glenn has a specific spot on the counter where his cereal and snacks are and a specific spot in the refrigerator where his lunch is put. In the morning all he has to do is grab it and go. He doesn't do his best thinking in the morning.
Because I haven't been feeling well, Glenn has been cleaning up and putting together his lunch. Well, tonight he came home and handed me a bowl from his lunch bag. He said it was mashed potatoes. I couldn't imagine why he would bring home a bowl of mashed potatoes--was there a luncheon at work and he brought home the leftover potatoes?? This morning he grabbed the container of food from the refrigerator shelf where I usually put his lunch. Just happened to be a bowl of leftover mashed potatoes from last night in that spot and not the liver and onions he had expected. I thought it was pretty funny. I guess I do more than even I realize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment