Monday, July 21, 2008

Going Home Again

A vacation in WV with Glenn and two of my grandsons. They had a great time. So did I. Growing up, I never imagined I would be bringing my grandsons to the place I grew up.

I walked the boys out to their great-great Aunt Polly's. Along the way they saw cows, chipmunks, squirrels, mud puddles, plants. On the way back, we spotted two fawns. Joshua tried to sneak up on them. He got pretty close.

They had fun blowing bubbles in the yard The next day I took them to see their great-great Aunt Louise. They ran around outside and had a blast. The following day they went with Glenn, my friend Linda and I to Lambert's Winery.

This is the main building
Breezeway between the main building and the storage area.
Waterfall. The boys loved it.

Underground storage area where the vats of wine are kept.

Then off to the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. Neat old building but the mold was really bad. Had a headache for two days after the visit.
Stopped outside the gates to take this picture.

From the inside looking out

The room where the Ghost Hunters confirmed seeing a spirit.
The next day I took them to the WV Wildlife Center (formerly the game farm)

They liked the horned owls
With their cousin Justin
The really liked the bald eagle, even though their expressions don't show it

Then their parents came and the fun ended. The next day was the family reunion. Pictures to follow in another posting.

All week I worked on turning bowling balls into ladybugs. And Glenn worked on building a shed. Pictures to follow in another posting.

No comments: