Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Millennium Quilt

A project I started in the mid- late-90's was a cross-stitched quilt. I was real ambitious back then. I named it my millennium quilt because I thought I could finish all 49 squares for a queen quilt top by the year 2000. Didn't happen! Life got in the way and the project was put away for 8 or 9 years. When I finally brought it out again, I realized there was no way I could do 49 squares in my lifetime. SO, I decided to make each of my grandsons a twin size quilt using 6 squares. My Aunt Louise put the squares together into a quilt. My grandson Tony received his quilt on his 10th birthday. I am on the third square of Joshua's quilt. After that, I'll start on Bailey and James' quilts. Hopefully, arthritis won't set in before I finish. And, hopefully, I'll find a kindhearted relative who can quilt it together for me.

No comments: